Saturday, March 12, 2011

Writing

   I am the usual writer. I write because I have something to say. My books are meant to be entertaining and inspiring, but there is more, much more. I write with a fixed purpose.  It is my goal to cause my readers to hunger for a more authenticate Christian life. Heaven only knows if I have succeeded.
   Two young ladies who have recently read my newest book, The Witness, told me that they loved the book. One girl said that she liked the way it ended. The other said that she liked the character Sarah. I am glad for both things, but my hope is that they read the book and were touched by the God who is spoken about throughout the book.
   All who read this may think that I am taking too much upon myself. You may think that it is too grandiose an idea that I should expect God to use my feeble writing to touch lives and accomplish His purposes, but as a Christian that is what I must expect. God help me if all I do is write an engaging story. My writing and my life must be used by Him to advance His kingdom or both have missed their purposes.


No comments:

Post a Comment