Friday, April 29, 2011

Will You Choose Faith in God Over Faith in an Outcome?

    The reading of an article this week confronted me with the question, 'Will we choose faith in God over faith in an outcome?' The question was like an arrow to my heart. I am a product of my society. I want instant results. I want prayers answered immediately and as much as I'd like to believe otherwise, oftentimes I am not as submitted to God as I ought to be. I become too easily frustrated and discouraged with circumstances, people and inability to see any changes when I've prayed and trusted God to work out His will. The article forced me to admit this to myself.
   God's word clearly assures us that He loves us and wants the very best for us. God promises to complete the good work He has begun in us and to meet our needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:6 and 4:19). Jeremiah 29:11 presents the truth that God has a plan for us, a plan for our welfare and not calamity, a plan to give us a future and a hope. Romans 8:28-29 says that God will work all things together for our good and His glory and in the process that He will conform us to the image of His Dear Son.
  Of times I forget about God and His purposes and promises and focus on my desires, frustrations and discouragements. I fail to see that God wants me to trust in Him and not in an outcome. Choosing to trust in Him instead of in an outcome reveals that I really am submitted to Him and His purposes. It reveals that I trust His character, His Word and His plan for me and others.
  Author of the article, Joanna Weaver wrote that 'the importance of our answer to the question, 'Will we choose faith in God over faith in an outcome?' cannot be overstated, because the depth of our relationship with God depends on its answer. Until we allow God to be God, we act as if He is our servant and are sure to be disappointed with the consequences of such delusion. If we fail to surrender our agendas, wish lists, and master plans to Him, we'll never see Christ as He truly is---or personally experience Him as our resurrection and life.'
  Therefore, if we want to know Christ as He really is, we must let God be God and bow to His Wisdom, Power and Sovereignty. Will you choose faith in God over faith in an outcome?

No comments:

Post a Comment