Thursday, December 10, 2015

Choosing To Trust God

Be still and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10a KJV). Be still and rest in the Lord, wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him (Psalm 37:7 AMP). Recognizing who God is and trusting accordingly.

Even if I fear, I can make my choice to trust God. God then inhabits my choice and helps me apply it to my life. In fact, He even helps me make the choice (Philippians 2:13 KJV).

I am not saying that trusting God is easy. It can be a moment by moment struggle to renew your decision. Still you must learn to surrender, to believe that God in His power and authority can handle your situation. God's perspective is eternal. His purpose in our lives is not limited to time, space or circumstances. While we see just our little corner of life, God sees the whole.

Surrendering our situation to God doesn't mean you settle for mediocrity or cease doing your part. It means that you embrace the fact that you are not in charge.It is not necessary to expend so much energy trying to stay in control or trying to be everything to everyone. You don't have to do  that at all. God is sovereign and omnipotent, and He already knows what will happen.

In our powerlessness, we encounter God's power. He shows us more of Himself. That is His promise, His desire, in every circumstance we face. He longs to reveal more of Himself.

Ruth Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment