Wednesday, May 20, 2015

How Do They See the Father?

  I recently heard two stories that I would like to share. They gave me food for thought. Maybe, they will do the same for you.
  A Christian speaker boarded a plane and found himself seated by a man who was very uncomfortable around Christians. Upon discovering that his seat-mate was a Christian, the man stated, "I have had lots of problems with Christians." The Christian speaker replied, "me too."  The man laughed and they spent the rest of the flight discussing the gospel and salvation.
  Another story that was related to me is as follows. A man named Tom worked as front door security at a prestigious corporation owned by a man he had never personally met. While the boss was away he left his daughter  to represent him in the corporation.
 One day the boss's daughter came strutting in the front door and demanded that Tom go to the shop down the street and get her a muffin.
He protested, "But, it's my responsibility to guard the front door and see that no unauthorized person enters the elevators."
"I don't care," the boss's daughter replied. "I want a muffin and you will get it for me."
Tom weighed his options. She's the boss's daughter. How can I say no? He reluctantly walked to the shop to retrieve the muffin. During his muffin mission, he contemplated a question, If the daughter acts this way, what must the father be like?
   After accosting Tom, the boss's daughter entered the elevator and went to the top floor. As the elevator opened, she bumped into a secretary who was carrying a large stack of papers. The papers felling in many different directions to the floor. As the secretary stooped to pick up the papers, the boss's daughter demanded, "Bring me a cup of coffee to my office immediately!"
  "But, I was on my way to the copy room to prepare these for a presentation."
  "You heard what I said. I want my coffee now!" The secretary complied. However, the entire time she was retrieving the coffee, she pondered a question. If the daughter acts this way, what must the father be like?
   What if that day the boss's daughter had stopped to speak to Tom, she had brought him a muffin and said, "Thank you for all that you do to keep this building safe." What if she had offered to help the secretary pick up the papers that she had caused her to drop? What would Tom and the secretary have thought about her father then?
   Everyday you and I meet people who judge our Heavenly Father by how we treat them? Therefore, how do they see the Father?

   

No comments:

Post a Comment